Recreation and Tourism in Muhlenberg County Kentucky
Muhlenberg County Kentucky offers loads of adventure and fun for all ages and all tastes. Just a few of our area attractions include:
- Lake Malone, spanning 788 acres in southern Muhlenberg County, provides water recreation such as swimming, boating, and fishing. The lake and the surrounding hardwood forest form Lake Malone State Park.
- Dogwood Lake and Camping Resort provides a white sand beach with a 280 foot full loop waterslide, campsites, and an adjacent 18-hole golf course.
- Two other area courses provide destinations for the avid golfer
- Central City Country Club,
- Greenville Country Club,
- The Muhlenberg County Rail Trail is a six-mile walking, biking, and fitness trail between Greenville and Central City.
- The Paradise Park in Powderly is a replica of a 1920’s coal-mining town and features the birthplace home of the late Merle Travis. There is a picnic shelter in the park and deep shade for your family outings. It is also the site of Pickin’ in the Park, a free Friday night concert featuring local musicians from June through September.
- Muhlenberg County is home to the world’s largest wholesale gemstone dealer, the House of Onyx, located in Greenville.
- Central City and Greenville both offer rodeos, outdoor recreation, antique car shows, downtown music and concerts, food festivals, museums and art galleries.
- Home of the famous Everly Brothers, Central City features a number of musical attractions including the nearby birthplace of famous "pickin'" pioneer Merle Travis and an Everly Brothers landmark.
- Don’t miss Luke’s Town & Country Flea Market, one of Kentucky’s largest, open every Monday and Tuesday.
- Fishing and wildlife hunting areas are also very plentiful in this County.
Additional information on area attractions can be found on the following links: